While Labor Day let`s make a Guinness Chocolate Cake!
Hi Chocolate New York,
Today is a new day in the Best city of the world and we are making our cooking plan for the weekend! CHOCOLATE TERRACE is busy -busy-busy this week as we do chocolate fountain in Jersey City and Riverdale! Both places are promising us crazy parties of SWEET16, which we love to do the most!
But even being busy we found a new chocolate recipe which is worth following! And you know what? It is Irish! What do we know of Ireland in two words: Guinness and Guinness! Why we have doubled Guinness? Because this beer is way too good to be mentioned only once! So keep our recipe it in mind waiting for Saint Patrick's day or make this chocolate Irish cake this Friday and amaze your friends or a friend...as any male will be happy to try a Guinness Chocolate Cake !
Let it Roll!
250 g (1 c. and 2 tbsp) unsalted butter
250 ml (1 c.) Guinness
75 g Dutch process cocoa ( 3/4 c.), sifted
275 g (2 + 1/4 c.) all purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking soda
400 g (2 c.) sugar
2 medium eggs
150 ml (2/3 c.) sour cream
1 tbsp. good quality vanilla extract
300 g (1 + 1/3 cup) cream cheese
150 g (1+1/2 c.) powdered sugar, sifted
150 ml (2/3 c.) cream, whipped
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
1. Add butter, cocoa and Guinness to a saucepan. Warm over a medium heat and stir until melted. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool slightly.
2. Add flour, baking soda and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix together well. Pour in the Guinness/cocoa/butter mixture, lightly combine, add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream and beat everything together until well combined. The batter should be thick and dark chocolate in color.
3. Pour into a greased and lined 10″ angel food pan (or another straight-sided tube pan) and cook in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.*Note: This cake is very moist inside, so use your judgment regarding the skewer test. Do not leave in the oven until the cake has totally dried out — cook long enough so there is no uncooked cake on the skewer but there may be a few moist crumbs sticking to it after an hour of cooking. Please note: If you make this in a regular angel food cake pan, you should start checking for doneness at least 15 minutes early.
4. Leave to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from the cake tin and placing on a wire wrack to cool completely.
1. Place the cream cheese into the bowl of a mixer and beat on a low-medium speed using a whisk attachment (I find a paddle attachment tends to over-beat the cheese). Whisk until the cheese is smooth and there are no big lumps remaining.
2. Gradually, using a large spoon, add in the sifted powdered sugar and beat gently to combine. After 2 to 3 minutes, stop the machine, scrape any excess frosting from the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed until lump free.
3. Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in the whipped cream, mixing to fully combine.
4. Place cooled cake on a cake stand and add the frosting, spreading out just to the edge without going over the side (never go over the sides of the cake) until the cake resembles a pint of the creamy black stuff! The idea is to capture the essence and simplicity of a pint of Guinness.
Here is link to a Guinness cake recipe at Designsponge
Here is a link to Irish-born and Sydney-based food photographer/food stylist Katie Quinn Davies who brought this recipe to life
Here is CHOCOLATE TERRACE Party Add ON`s if you need a Cotton Candy, Pop Corn or Caramel fondue fountain machine for your party
Love Chocolate & be with CHOCOLATE TERRACE!
Today Good Chocolate news for Bronx! Any chocolate fountain or ice cream rent order from Bronx New York, gets a special DISCOUNT! Chocolate fountain and ice cream rental for Fordham Mannor, Fordham Heights, West Bronx, Mott Haven, Port Morris, Hunts Point, Soundview, Throgs Neck, Parkchester are welcome! Any party in East Bronx, Middle Town Pelham Bay, Allerton, Baychester, Eastchester, Wakefield, Woodlawn heights, North Riverdale, Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Marble hill you are also welcome to rent a chocolate fondue machine and ice cream sundae at low cost with a DISCOUNT!